Wednesday, August 15, 2007

41 Days of Music

Phew! Listened to Lifted Or The Story Is In The Soil, Keep Your Ear To The Ground and Read Music / Speak Spanish this morning. Now, I like Conor Oberst as much as the next pansy, but I wouldn't choose to listen to that much of the guy's music back to back.

Thank God* I'm now in 2002 and listening to one of my most favorite band's debut record, Camera Obscura's Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi. While it brings up the rear in my list of favorite CO records, BBHF reminded me why I love them so much. Listening to their music is like wrapping my soul in sweetness** (of the distinctly bitter variety). A lot of that comes from Tracyanne Campbell. I'm so smitten with her. I'd marry her in heartbeat. Though judging from her lyrics she's kind of a flake. But then aren't we all.

* Its weird thanking a god I don't believe in, but "Thank God" has practically lost all practical meaning. Zounds!
**If you got that reference I'll marry you.

No comments: