Friday, July 27, 2007

Circus Art / Marnie Stern

Circus Art show at MJQ. James was the circus retard, Amanda was a a lion tamer, Ryan was a clown. I got back in town too late and went costume-less.

Lame.

Stayed up late to go to the Marnie Stern show at the Drunken Unicorn... by myself. I don't think that I've ever been to a show by myself, but I'm sort of in love with In Advance of the Broken Arm and I just had to see her live - if for no other reason than to see some truly inspired guitar shredding.

More than worth it. Not only did she display some very prodigious skills, the songs sounded leaner and more lethal than they do on her album. More lethal? Jesus Christ am I really that bereft of interesting descriptions? Suffice to say that she was amazing, worth getting only 3 hours of sleep. Plus she was super sweet and I gave her mom directions to the venue.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amanda and james look awesome!!