Wednesday, July 18, 2007

41 Days of Music (U2 / Pop)

I'm a U2 fan.

And not in a "I'll sing along to Sunday Bloody Sunday at MetalSome" kind of way. Its not ironic. I like their music.

But fuck Pop. I remember when it came out there was a lot of hemming and hawing over the fact that U2 had incorporated electronic elements into their music. No shit. They did it 5 years earlier with Actung Baby and Zooropa. At the time I was a Pop apologist. Not anymore. U2 deserved all the shit they got for that record, and not because of the production. The production was fine, what was missing was the songs. There is not a memorable one on the entire record.

Its is the first record that I've decided to remove from my iTunes. And I've listened to four Low albums. Its put me in a bad mood, but now Ween's The Mollusk is on. All is well.

1 comment:

Eshniner Forest said...

I liked that batman song they did.