Thursday, June 21, 2007

41 Days of Music V

This is where is gets interesting. My favorite thing about listening to my records chronologically is hearing what records were released in the same year. Come to think of it... that's the only thing. Anyway. My records from the late 70's and early 80's are more diverse so I've heard a few interesting combinations.

Buzzcocks Singles Going Steady / Brian Eno Music for Airports
Magazine Real Life / The Police Outlandos d'Amour
Tom Waits Blue Valentine / Wire Chairs Missing
Gang of Four Entertainment! / Gary Numan Pleasure Principle
Joy Division Unknown Pleasures / Pink Floyd The Wall
Birthday Party Hee-Haw / Blondie Autoamerican
Aztec Camera High Land, Hard Rain / New Order P, C, & L

and my personal favorite...

Squeeze Sweets From a Stranger / Christian Death Only Theater of Pain

3 comments:

Eshniner Forest said...

I just recently bought an CD By a guy. He calls his music PANDA BEAR. The albums called Person Pitch. I've been diggin it alot.

John Cason said...

I almost got that record. That's one of the guys from Animal Collective right? I like what I've heard. Do you like AC? I have their record Sung Tongs. It good. Me like.

Eshniner Forest said...

Yeah I really like Animal Collective alot. Thay made a really an intresting cd called Feels. Panda Bear is one of the guys in animal collective. the record i mentioned above, is his solo record. it sounds alot like the feels cd! Good Music.